And we’re back with another Flaunt It! Monday. I hope you had a great weekend.
This week we are featuring the ecodiscoveries cleaning line. Here’s a little background from the site:
Ecodiscoveries brings you the power of nature to tackle today’s toughest cleaning chores. They’ve designed the industry’s most effective and safest line of enzyme and plant-based liquid cleaners for you, your family, and the environment (indoors and out). Ecodiscoveries has won the Champion Status for EPA’s Safer Detergents Stewardship Initiative:
EcoDiscoveries received this high honor because its formulations meet the stringent criteria of environmental consideration. EcoDiscoveries products are fully biodegradable to help protect aquatic life in both fresh and salt water. The SDSI project is part of the Design for the Environment (DfE) certification program that helps consumers make healthier and more environmentally safe choices about products.
I received the box from ecodiscoveries and was quite taken aback from what they sent – the ENTIRE line! I don’t think I have ever had so many cleaners to choose from! I actually decided to bring my not-so-green neighbor, Kim in to get her input on the products.
Kim is a stay-at-home mom of three kids, 2 dogs and 1 husband and has only recently learned about the green movement from me. Her review comes from the perspective of someone completely used to main stream cleaners & products. We split the bottles based on what we thought would be of most use to each of us. Neither of us have a nursery so we didn’t review it, but rather used the bottle for an extra airzyme, since we both wanted to try it.
- multizyme – all-purpose enzyme cleaner. This was my favorite. I’m all about multi-purpose cleaners nothing better then one bottle to get the job done! This one worked on everything; microwave, TV, wiping the cabinets, appliances & counter tops down. It cleaned up nicely with little effort.
- tub & tile – removes bathtub soap scum. It did it’s job well. I didn’t have any tough cleaning to challenge it with, but the tub & tile is clean.
- glass – streak-free windows and mirrors without ammonia. I used this on the outside windows. I hate to say my windows were much dirtier then I thought. This glass cleaner cleaned them up amazingly well and didn’t streak. My husband also used this to clean his truck window and was happy with the results.
- kitchen – sparkling counters and appliances. This was my favorite of the four. It cleaned up all the counter tops, stove top & appliances very easily without any real elbow grease. Additionally, I used it to spray and mop the floor and was impressed with the results.
- moldzyme – mold and mildew cleaner. I put this to the test in my enclosed shower that has bad mildew stains on the glass door. Unfortunately, it did not work well. Overall, it didn’t handle the tougher jobs as I hoped it would, but for lighter jobs it did the trick.
- bathroom – chlorine-free sink and vanity cleaning. This item worked well for my general bathroom cleaning of counters, sinks, tub & toilet.
airzyme – fragrance free odor eliminator. We both tested this product and we are both in agreement that overall it does the job of eliminating most common household odors. However, with stronger cooking odors, it didn’t seem to eliminate as we had hoped it would.
Ecodiscoveries refills come in small, 2oz. concentrated bottles. The starter pack includes 1 spray bottle and concentrate. The refills come in 2 pk refills. This reduces shipping costs & waste! When I received the box it was very light, I never imagines there were eight bottles of cleaner in it!
Kim: Overall, I like the cleaners. They’re less harsh due to the lack of chemicals typically found in mainstream cleaners. They’re easier on my hands and I’m not breathing all the vapors. The hardest part for me was getting used to the lack of “clean” scent associated with cleaners I normally use.
Jen: I was overall happy with the cleaners. They list their ingredients as well as a wealth of additional information on their site so you can make educated choices. I like the concentrated refills and the ability to use one bottle over and over therefore reducing waste.
Ecodescoveries will be awarding one lucky winner the entire line of cleaners! For entries do any of the following:
- Visit ecodiscoveries, search for a location near you and comment here as to where you can buy ecodiscoveries near you.
- Follow ecodiscoveries on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway
- Stumble this giveaway or the ecodiscovories site
- Use the share button on this button for any of the other social bookmarking options.
- Subscribe to the Eco-Office Gals feed so you don’t miss out on all the great green info, reviews and giveaways!
Leave a separate comment for each one you do! Each comment is an entry. US residents only please. Winner will be announced Wednesday 1/28/09 … Good Luck!
All the best!
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-01-29 03:16:13 UTC
There’s one About 4 miles from me! YAY!
Life Smart foods
42359 Garfield Road
Clinton, MI. 48038
Know someone that may be interested in Sponsoring a Flaunt It! Monday series? Click here for more information.