So the readers that visit Eco-Office Gals should have at least one fairly common goal: do what we can to help the Earth, right? I certainly hope so! So, when you get all these ideas going of simple things you can do each day to help the environment, where do you go? myEARTH360! A great online source full of great home products to green your home, work, yourself, your family and the pets. I like that myEarth360 stocks products that are practical, things that you actually use in your home on a regular basis.
However, myEARTH360 goes beyond simply supplying environmentally sound products, portions of each sale goes back to schools to support environmental education and awareness! Here are some great details from the site:
- Development of the I Count for My Earth Campaign, a school program that gets the green message out to kids in an interactive, fun way. Lynn personally developed the campaign before the business even existed and is just something I do because I think enviro-awareness has to start with the kids so they can become the champions at home.
- Schools can participate in the I Count campaign for free, Shop & Share is optional.
- Creating and selling signature I Count for My Earth water bottles at Lynn’s son’s suburban Chicago school.
- Encouraging consumers to ‘vote with your dollars’, by shopping her online store and its diverse array of no-sacrifices-necessary, low-impact products. From essentials (home, school and office supplies, pet care, etc.) to extras (tableware and fashion), everything you buy counts for the earth!
- Launch of myEARTH360 hosted green parties: attendees share ideas on how to buy more eco-responsibly while discovering amazing green products from the eco.practical to the eco.chic in an upbeat, communal atmosphere.
- Regular e-newsletters and blog updates covering important eco-related issues like indoor air pollution, the battle of bottled water and what you can do about them.
This is a great place to shop and know you are really making a difference! So, I got to try a few fun products from Lynn’s store including some beeswax candles and some Shaklee Basic H2 All-Purpose Cleaner.
The Beeswax candles were a first for me and I was excited to try some of these. I do enjoy candles and know how cruddy paraffin candles are. They were great and very slow burning in comparison to paraffin.
Lynn also included a bottle of Shaklee Basic H2 All-Purpose Cleaner from her Shaklee Get Clean Site. Shaklee is non-toxic, biodegradable and manufactured by a green company. The bottle came with a little bit of cleaner, which I just added water to the fill line. The cleaner was truly versatile and cleaned up everything nicely. There were no strong odors, crazy colors, just clean!
I love the concept behind myEARTH360 and encourage you to visit them for your eco-friendly needs!
Meanwhile, how about a chance to try out some goodies from myEARTH360? Lynn will give one lucky a $25 Gift Certificate to use in her store ! Do as many of the below as you wish and leave a separate comment for each one:
- Visit myEARTH360 and comment here on which product you would love to try or something you learn from the site.
- Blog about this giveaway or the I count for my Earth Campaign and link back to this post.
- Follow @myEARTH360 on Twitter or become a Fan on Facebook and comment that you did.
- Tweet this giveaway
- Stumble this giveaway
- Use other forms of social networking to spread the word about this giveaway.
- Subscribe to my feed to stay up to date with the latest from Eco-Office Gals.
- Buy anything from myEARTH360 and comment 5 times that you did! (I will confirm)
The deadline for entering is Wednesday 10/07/09 at 8pm EST at which time one winner will be randomly chosen. Please don’t forget to leave a separate entry and any entries that show obvious laziness i.e. a simple “Thanks for the great giveaway” will not be published therefore not counted. It’s just not fair for the people that do know how to follow simple directions. US residents only. Thanks!
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-10-09 18:10:45 UTC