(In compliance with the new FTC Guildlines, please note that this is a sponsored post. I was given these products to test and review free of charge. However, I was not paid for the review and the opinions are my own.)
Why not Bob? Why not on Tuesday? Yah, I know it’s Tuesday, but we were out of the house almost all day yesterday and when we got home we were doing the tree trimming, holiday decorating, family thing. So, I pretty much didn’t realize it was Monday until about 10pm last night. So, if you don’t tell I won’t either!
So, Why Not Bob Store? Bob sells eco-friendly, biodegradable products for your catering and entertaining needs. With the Holidays in full swing and entertaining plans in order you know you will have that guilty need for disposables. I mean do you really want to spend half of Christmas day washing glasses, dishes and utensils from the Christmas Eve bash you threw the night before?
(From the site)
We believes it’s time to take the next step by using products made from renewable, plant-based resources, that are petroleum free, non-toxic and require less energy to produce. Compostable products, in the right conditions, turn back to soil in a short period of time.
Made From Renewable Resources
- Vegetable starch and sugarcane are eco-friendly alternatives to plastic and tree paper.
- Mature every season
- 100% compostable
- Petroleum free, non-toxic
- Breaks down in 45-120 days under certain conditions (heat, moisture & movement)
In one year our products made from renewable resources save:
- 742,414 gallons of gasoline – enough to drive around the earth 673 times
- 13,478,914 pounds of greenhouse gases
- 8,629,476 kW hours of energy – enough to power the average American household for 810 years
Designed To Be Compostable
Since the products are disposable, Eco-Products does not add any toxic or unnatural materials to ensure that the inherent compostability remains. When disposed of properly in a composting facility, the products have a beneficial impact on the environment.
- Breaks down in short time periods (generally 45-120 days) under certain conditions (heat, moisture & movement)
- Diverts material from landfills to become rich soil and part of a sustainable cycle of production
I had the opportunity to try out some of the products from the Why Not Bob Store and I was very pleased with the quality. I especially liked the Sugar cane plates. Additionally, the plant starch cutlery was not only nice quality, but I have been able to wash them over and over in the dishwasher and they have held up perfectly! The only downer was that the cold cups warped in the dishwasher, but they hold up fine handwashed. This was my own fault they aren’t meant to hold up to the heat.
So why not try products from the Why Not Bob Store? for your holiday parties or other events? The Why Not Bob Store will give one reader a party pack to try out over the holidays!
This party pack consists of:
- 10″ 3 compartment dinner plates
- 6″ dessert plates
- 12 oz green stripe cold cup
- fork,spoon,knife wrapped with napkin
- 12 oz bowl
- 13 gallon bio bags size 24″x28 .66 Mil
Do as many of the below as you wish and leave a separate comment for each one:
- Comment here on what Why Not Bob Store? product would help you green your holidays – or something you learned from their site.
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post.
- Tweet this giveaway
- Stumble this giveaway
- Use other forms of social networking to spread the word about this giveaway.
- Tried a Why Not Bob Store? Product… Let us know what you think.
- Subscribe to my feed to stay up to date with the latest from Eco-Office Gals.
The deadline for entering is Thursday 12/10/09 at 8pm EST at which time one winner will be randomly chosen. Please don’t forget to leave a separate entry and any entries that show obvious laziness i.e. a simple “Thanks for the great giveaway” will not be published therefore not counted. It’s just not fair for the people that do know how to follow simple directions. US residents only. Thanks!
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-12-11 14:34:46 UTC