If you are hoping to stand out from the rest as a highly regarded, top quality virtual assistant, then you must realize that it is essential for you to have on hand all tools and resources that assist your clients in getting work done faster and easier. Not only will these tools help your clients, they will also help you run your own business hassle free.
The iPhone is the perfect device for getting work done for your clients when you’re on the go or away from your desk.
But which iPhone applications should you start with to help enhance your virtual assistant services?
Here’s a look at 5 handy apps you should definitely take a look at if you are serious about getting the most out of your iPhone.
- Evernote – Evernote lets you create notes consisting of text, photos or audio, so that you can collect, store, and organize almost any kind of information. Images with text are also able to be searched, and all notes can be tagged for easy management. This application is very ideal for collecting ideas and notes for clients, and can be even more useful if your clients choose to use it for collaboration. Evernote has a web-based application, as well as desktop software for the Mac and PC, which means that the changes you make on your iPhone will instantly sync with the software you use on your computer. (Free)
- Siri Assistant – Siri is the virtual assistant for virtual assistants. Simply speak or dictate to your iPhone to quickly accomplish some of the most basic tasks, such as booking a restaurant or taxi, searching for local events, finding businesses, getting flight stats, and more. Siri is especially useful if you happen to be on the road with common tasks to arrange or information to obtain for clients, particularly if your time is limited. Note: At the moment, Siri only works in the US. (Free)
- Quickoffice – As a virtual assistant, it is highly likely that you use Microsoft Office files on a daily basis. The award-winning Quickoffice is the first and only application to allow you to share, access, view, and edit Microsoft Office documents with the ability to connect to multiple cloud services, including MobileMe, Google Docs, Box.net, and Dropbox. Being able to access vital Office documents for clients at any time of the day from the convenience of your iPhone is a major productivity booster. ($9.99)
- Skype – Skype lets you easily get in touch with work-related contacts over WiFi and a 3G connection. You can easily access your contacts through the phone book built-in to the application which links to your account. If you need to make international calls, you can instantly take advantage of Skype’s exceptional rates. The application also supports sending text messages, and also features easy to use instant messaging. Skype for the iPhone will automatically connect to the same work account that you use on the computer. (Free)
- LogMeIn Ignition – Sometimes as a virtual assistant you find yourself in desperate need to access your computer when on the road or even away for a brief period of time. LogMeIn Ignition allows you to remotely access multiple computers, both PCs and Macs, anywhere and at anytime directly from your iPhone. You can even access your client’s computer if it is installed and set up with LogMeIn.com. ($29.99)