We all know Earth Day is just around the corner so Coupon Craze and CarbonFund.org are teaming up to give three of our readers the chance to “Go Green for Free” this Earth Day. Both Coupon Craze and CarbonFund.org provide simple and affordable ways for people to go green. Almost exactly a year ago, online coupon code site Coupon Craze launched a Green Coupon Category to help shoppers find the best online coupons for environmentally friendly products and retailers. CarbonFund.org is a non-profit carbon reduction and climate solutions organization making it easy and affordable for individuals, businesses and organizations to reduce their climate impact.
In honor of Earth Day, these companies will be handing out two $50 CarbonFund.org certificates and one $100 gift certificate to the winners choice of Origins or Patagonia. To enter, all you have to do is post a comment telling us what your favorite cost-effective green living tip is. To get your Earth Day juices flowing and help put these prizes into perspective, here’s some carbon offset information and eco-friendly budget shopping tips.
CarbonFund.org is leading the fight against global warming by helping people neutralize their carbon footprint. You can purchase an offset that represents a reduction in carbon dioxide (CO2) somewhere else, like a renewable energy or reforestation project, to balance out the emissions you cannot reduce. For example, $50 of CarbonFund.org credit is equivalent to 5 metric tons of CO2 or:
- More than 5 roundtrips from Los Angeles to New York
- Approximately the emissions an average American passenger vehicle emits in a year
- Over half the emissions from the average American home’s electricity use
- The amount of carbon sequestered by an acre of pine forests in a year
- The amount of carbon produced by 208 propane cylinders for home barbecues
To help promote green, organic and eco-friendly retailers and products, Coupon Craze has a green coupon category where shoppers can find codes and deals from over 100 retailers such as TOMS Shoes, Origins, Patagonia and ZipCar. It’s the perfect starting place for people who are looking to pickup some eco-friendly shopping habits. Check out some tips that will help you go green on a budget:
- Shop on Earth Day, 4/22: April, and of course Earth Day itself, draws the most attention to eco-friendly, green and organic products. Retailers take advantage of this by offering huge savings throughout the month and specifically on April 22nd to generate awareness. Make sure to check out Coupon Craze’s Green and Eco-Friendly category on Earth Day – there are over 100 offers planned to go live exclusively on that day.
- There’s Less Fine Print: Green retailers are still relatively new to the coupon industry, so offers tend to have less fine print than coupons in other categories. For example, many of these coupons don’t have a minimum spending requirement, which means that shoppers can save regardless if they spend $20 or $500.
- What to do the rest of the year: There are some retailers such as TOMS and Gaiam that offer coupons year round; however, the savings in the Green Category tend to peak in the spring and the fall.
So for the change to do your part this Earth Day without breaking the bank, enter the Go Green for Free giveaway!
- To enter, comment on this post and tell us your favorite cost-effective green living tip, and/or:
- Follow Coupon Craze, CarbonFund.org, and Eco-Office Gals then comment with you Twitter name that you did.
- RT this giveaway on Twitter and comment below with the status link.
- The contest runs from now up until April 22nd at 12 noon EST and the three winners will be announced on 4/23.
- Two winners will be chosen at random and awarded a $50 CarbonFund.org donation in their name. One grand prize winner will be chosen at random and awarded a $100 gift certificate to their choice of Origins, Patagonia retailers from the Coupon Craze Green and Eco-Friendly Coupon Category.
- The three winners will receive their prizes no later than Tuesday, 4/27 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Don’t forget to get your entry in on the Eco-Office Gals Green My World Giveaway, too!
And here are the random picked winners!
Here are your random numbers:
123 – marc-andre taillefer $50 CarbonFund.org donation in their name
30 – Virtual Receptionist $50 CarbonFund.org donation in their name
85 – Theresa D $100 gift certificate to their choice of Origins or Patagonia
Timestamp: 2010-04-23 13:00:37 UTC