Going green has become a popular thing to do, and thankfully this also means that you are taking better care of yourself. These methods can keep you feeling healthy and also ensure that you are doing your part to maintain healthy and eco-friendly living.
- Go Organic: Not only does organic food taste better as it lacks the usual pesticides, but that also makes it better for the environment. Picking organic fruits and vegetables ensures that no pesticides or additives are used, and this means it’s healthier for you and for the environment.
- Choose to Walk: If you have the option to walk to a chosen destination rather than jumping in the car, then try it out. This ensures that you get in some exercise which contributes to a healthy and natural lifestyle. In the process, you are also doing your part to eliminate dangerous emissions from your car. So walk it out!
- Quit Smoking: Smoking isn’t just bad for you; it’s also bad for the environment. You are literally polluting the air when you exhale the harmful smoke from cigarettes. So if you quit smoking altogether, you are keeping the earth safer and ensuring that you are maintaining a better picture of health in the process.
- Open Your Windows: If you’re at home or in the car, open your windows rather than running the air conditioning. This ensures that you get fresh air that keeps you feeling good. It also means that you are doing your part to conserve energy and going green as you do so. This is another instance of what is good for you is also good for the environment.
- Use Green Skin Care Products: If you want to ensure that you maintain healthy and beautiful skin, buy organic or green products. These are tested appropriately, use natural ingredients, and are far better for your skin. They are also far better for the environment, so it’s a true win-win!
- Only Clean with Green Products: Household cleaners can be one of the worst sources of pollutants in your very own environment. So rather than using the typical household cleaners that have a long list of potentially dangerous ingredients choose healthy and green alternatives. Go for natural options such as vinegar, or even those that have certain standards and ingredients in their creation.
- Grow Your Own Garden: Who doesn’t love that taste of fresh produce? You can have it for yourself by growing your own produce. This ensures that you get healthy and natural fruits and vegetables, and gives back to the environment in the process. It’s easy to do and good for you and Mother Earth!
Going green is a lot easier than you might think, especially these days! If you want to take care of yourself and the environment at the same time, find effective ways such as these to do both. You’ll feel better and be taking care of the environment in the process.
M. Ward blogs about how to study to obtain an <a href=”http://onlinebsn.org/”>online BSN degree</a>.